You have been asked to create a quality improvement (QI) program that involves 1 specified organizational process such as patient care improvement, patient satisfaction, surgical error prevention, medical error prevention, patient scheduling systems, and so forth.
Complete the following:
• Provide specific details of the organization including at least the following:
o Scope or type of personnel
o Services or products provided
o Patient demographics
• Analyze the pros and cons of the quality improvement program that you are proposing for the organizational process that you identified.
• Justify the need for this program, and detail all of the program specifics, including a time line from launch to evaluation.
• Develop a communication plan for the quality improvement program.
• Assess the ethical and legal issues involved with the program, including consideration of at least the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Patient Bill of Rights.
• Summarize the program with a synopsis that includes information on the who, what, when, where, how, and why criteria.