Obesity in America is considered an epidemic. There are many contributing factors to obesity (both childhood and adult), such as biological, environmental, social, or economic factors. Review the information on obesity on pages 383 to 385 in the textbook. You may also use the Internet or Strayer Library to research obesity and its causes.
• “What Are the Health Risks of Overweight and Obesity?” located at http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/obe/risks.html
Write a one to two page (1-2) page essay in which you:
Describe the effect that obesity (childhood and / or adult) has had on you personally or your community.
Select one (1) contributing factor to childhood or adult obesity. Recommend two (2) preventative measures related to the selected factor that people can take in order to reduce their chance of becoming obese.
Discuss one (1) sociological theory that relates to the selected contributing factor to obesity.
• Define the basic concepts used in the discipline of sociology.
• Explain the major theoretical paradigms of sociology.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology.
• Write clearly and concisely about sociology using proper writing mechanics.