Respond to both students on separate pages with a minimum of 200 words each
please follow directions or I will dispute
So much of being a Child Life Specialist entails not just working in traditional medical settings providing support for medical needs, but also seeing where Child Life needs to be to better impact children experiencing any event that can be traumatic. Let’s again consider HOW we can help children and use this lens to create new roles in new settings. Examples include:
• What organizations exist in your area that have a mission focusing on children and trauma that would be enhanced by incorporating Child Life services?
• Does your community have a school reintegration team that supports not only a return to school after medical needs, but also return to school after traumatic events?
• Have there been any events in your area where this kind of service/support would have benefitted local children?
• What services exist in your area for children experiencing maltreatment (such as courts, foster/kinship care, or adoption)?
• What kinds of support systems should be in place that would allow you to bring Child Life to more local children?